Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Aug 2 - Home, Sweet Home


I'm back home!!!!! (on Temple Square just to clarify)

And it has been the most amazing week so far. There has been many a changes that took place in my 3 months away from Temple Square but I feel as if I am adjusting quickly to the new change of pace :)

My new companion is the wonderful Sister R from the Phillipines! My first Filipino companion and I am so very excited. We have been busy busy busy running around the square, taking tours, teaching the restoration of the gospel, it's been amazing.

Despite the extreme dryness here I am so happy to be back on Temple Square. There is such a spirit here that is truly unable to be felt any where else in the world.

I just want to speak about how blessed we are to have temples and to worship within them. What a wonderful practice and what a wonderful event that allowed this practice to be restored. I am so grateful for Joseph Smith, and the many pioneers who gave their lives so that we may have living prophets and temples today.

It was so great to be able to see all of the wonderful sisters again.

I am serving in the Beehive house and have been called as a Zone Leader.

BEEHIVE HOUSE!!!!!

So this is Brigham Young's home and I have never been able to see my testimony of certain aspects of the gospel strengthened in such a way. My past companion told me that a testimony is like little rays of light. You may have a strong testimony of one thing and a weak in another area but you can considerably strengthen your testimony by working on those weak points.

So may I say my testimony of polygamy has never been stronger haha.
No we do not practice polygamy but it has been amazing to see how I have had to teach people about it and share that it was practiced as a commandment from God, how my own testimony of the validity and reality of the prophets has grown. I know that Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were prophets called by God and that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored on the Earth.

I love you all!

Love,
Sister Eging

Saying Goodbye to San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment