Monday, August 22, 2016

Aug 9 - Consecration


Wow this week has just flown by!

With so many people on Temple Square it has been amazing and wonderful to be able to stay busy all the time. I think the hardest part being back is not landing in a pattern or taking all of these amazing people to talk to for granted.

Which I think is something that happens in every happy stage of our lives. We grow comfortable and with that comfort we begin to stop growing and progressing. This is my fear. What comes from stagnant water? The drone of mosquitoes, disease, decay, death. That's disgusting! I don't want to be some stinking pond in the middle of no where! That's not what the gospel teaches!
The gospel is about eternal progression. Making mistakes along the way but ultimately improving daily.

Sister R has been a huge help. This past week we have talked about some of the goals we want to accomplish in this transfer together and it all comes down to consecration.

Consecration. This means devoting all of my heart, might, and mind to the service of God. This means recognizing the things within my missionary service that drive the spirit away and avoiding them. This means every second of every day I am focused on the work of the Lord and in bringing about the eternal life of mankind!

Kind of a lofty goal but it's one step at a time.

And my wonderful Zone helps out immensely. I have learned so much from the other sisters in our zone. Enjoy the pictures from Zone Activity, Zone Training Meeting etc.

Love you all so much! Sorry there was very little time to write today (so this was my best shot at what I've been thinking a lot about this past week)!

LOOOOOVVVEEEE
Sister Eging

No comments:

Post a Comment