Wednesday, July 27, 2016

July 26 - Red Hot Chili Pepper!


Well it wasn't red, and it wasn't a chili pepper, but it was hot.

Has anyone tried a Habanero pepper before? If not. Don't do it. If so. Why?

Easily one of the worse decisions of my life, was eating an entire, raw Habanero Pepper. These small, yellow monsters are the definition of a burning, fiery pit. Not only were my eyes, nose, and mouth watering but I'm positive internal damage was done in the form of burnt holes now in my stomach. [see video at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKSi-io4OzOVGVHTFFtX3J4ejg/view?usp=sharing]

If you would like to try one of these things I suggest having a gallon of milk nearby and not planning on doing anything the rest of the day (I played chair soccer right after...not wise).

And It's not like I could back down or not eat it.....all of the Elders (okay like three of the Elders) were eating them too! So of course I had to. . . .but now I'm thoroughly convinced that there is a reason I was called to a mission with no Elders!

Though this week was hard - exhausting mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually draining, it was also a miracle week because at the end of the week, after a lot of hard work and searching for names and rides and everything we were able to go with T. to do baptisms at the San Diego Temple!

It was so amazing, and to think that a few short weeks ago T. was preparing for his own baptism and now he is happily and excitedly calling all of his relatives so he can get his ancestors info to do their work. It was a very spiritual and moving experience and what was amazing was how T.'s family reacted to his request to baptize his distant relatives. His father and cousins were moved to tears at hearing that there is an opportunity for their loved ones to receive the saving ordinance of baptism even after they have passed.

This is a beautiful gospel and beautiful doctrine. The power to bind things on Earth and in Heaven. I know that baptism is not the end goal, it is merely the beginning. We should not see others in the white of baptismal clothing but picture our loved one in white entering into the house of the Lord so that they can receive of these sacred and saving ordinances.

It truly has made me think and ponder a lot on just how merciful God is to every one of his children. He expresses such kindness and love to us every single day. I love this gospel and I love being able to see my own testimony grow and change. I know that this work is true and that God loves us, no matter what we do. His love is unconditional.

By this time tomorrow I will be landing safely back to my mission in Salt Lake City Temple Square. I wouldn't trade my experiences here for the world. Though they were some of the hardest times I have experienced on my mission so far I know that I grew the most through them.

I love you all!

Sister Eging :)

Zone; Temple with T!

No comments:

Post a Comment