Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Week of No Sleep - Aug 24, 2016


And no personal study... and no companion study.
It was a very busy week here on Temple Square as Sister R and I went on exchanges with all the sisters in their first transfer here on Temple Square and we also had ZONE CONFERENCE

Which was amazing.

This week I want to reflect on commitment.

In Preach My gospel it says

"Your success as a missionary is measured primarily by your commitment to find, teach, baptize, and confirm people and to help them become faithful members of the Church who enjoy the presence of the Holy Ghost."

This week has been harder for Sister R and I to find new investigators for ourselves as we have been on exchanges all week (serving with others for training purposes). This was a great opportunity to reflect and to learn from the other sisters as well as to reflect on our own commitment. When things get difficult usually the first response is how do I get out of this situation. I think commitment is being so focused and determined that it changes from how can I get out of this situation to how can I use this situation?

The situation then turns into a productive learning experience and we are able to grow.

It comes from an inner desire to reflect more of Christ's character, a desire to be more like Him and to change the world one smile, one principle, and one invitation at a time.

Zone Conference was also amazing as a lot of the focus was on developing these Christ-like attributes within ourselves. We can not ask anyone to change beyond our own transformation. I loved the trainings (one of them given by yours truly and my wonderful companion) and also the remarks from our mission President. He taught us more about Joseph Smith and the trials he went through and how he responded in a very Christ-like manner.

Well I hope you also enjoy the pictures of me and my trainee and trainee's trainee haah at East High oh and of course my companion.

Love you all so much! I will probably not be writing you all next week as it is my companion's last p-day so we are going to help her pack and things!

Lots of love
Sister Eging

East High (of High School Musical fame)

No comments:

Post a Comment