Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Nov 8 - Happy Halloween!


Well I will just say that I am exhausted! It has been quite a week. Last, last Friday I got to go to a sealing in the Provo Temple and it was such a special experience. This is what the gospel is all about, families.

It strengthened my testimony of the eternal and loving nature of God. As God has given us our families and those that make us happy, He also gives us the gospel through His son Jesus Christ, restored through the prophet Joseph Smith, so that our families can be sealed together forever. I had to step back a moment and consider just how blessed I truly have been to be a part of this great work.

Then after the sealing, for Halloween our mission had a surprise! Usually we all go to the Temple on Halloween but because it was Monday the Temple was closed and so we had to do something else. Our amazing mission president decided we would all watch a movie as a mission and so we watched The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. What a powerful movie. I loved watching it with what I call my new 'missionary eyes.' The symbolism was strewn throughout that movie and it put the Atonement of Jesus Christ into a little bit more of perspective for me. (However the movie in general freaked my companion out... hahaha her transition home's going to be a little rough but... so will mine.)

The rest of the week we have been working a lot on helping our investigators progress towards baptism. We have a couple that are working towards baptism at the moment, but there is this family that I'm very excited for. They are living in Texas but originally from Burundi in Africa. The man is on fire for the gospel and his first Sunday to church he brought 5 friends. Now to help all those that don't live around him he is using us. We have two separate households we are teaching and getting in touch with missionaries in Burundi and he is slowly giving us more and more of his family and friends. I'm so excited for them to receive the gospel and become converted.

Conversion truly is a choice, it is not something that just happens to us. But, as we make the conscious effort to read the scriptures, to pray, to open our mouths and share the gospel, the Lord will make up the difference and our conversion will be sure. It doesn't mean there won't be hard times or tests of your faith but it means that God is watching over you and there are angels round about you. At the moment where you face giving up or enduring and your heart holds on, in that moment God endows us with power. Keep holding on to the faith and don't allow the winds or waves of the world to shake you.

I love you all. I know that this is the true church. Please share it.

Love you!
Sister Eging

D&C 6:34
34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock,they cannot prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment