Sunday, January 17, 2016

Dec 31 - Happy New Year!


I can't believe it is already the start of a brand new year. Seriously
time is flying by so fast and I feel as if I have been hanging on to
every precious second since the beginning of my mission. This past
week was so amazing.

Christmas on Temple Square is so special and definitely one I will
remember for the rest of my life. We woke up and started cooking with
our whole apartment complex and zone :)

Just a kitchen full of sister missionaries, good food, and lots of
laughs. Looking around I was amazed at the diversity in the room.
South Africa, Finland, South Korea, Malawi, Hong Kong, Sister from all
around the world gathered at this apartment on Temple Square to
celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ who died for the sins
of the ENTIRE world.

What a special place to be. We have been so blessed and looking
forward to this next year I am determining how I can better show my
appreciation to our Savior. What lack I yet? What changes to I need in
order to become who my Savior needs me to be?

Often for New Years we make to do lists. Our resolutions are things we
can check off, accomplish once, and then never look back. This year I
will make a to be list. Who do I want to be? What kind of missionary?
And what are the steps to take to get me there. I know that Christ and
Heavenly Father will assist me.

Also on a lighter note.... We bought a 5$ rotisserie chicken from
Costco for Christmas celebrations..... And after eating almost half of
it we found out that it may or may not have been cooked all the way
through. Luckily we have developed iron stomachs and salmonella did
not visit us that night (it would not have been pretty).

Today was also district "all you can eat sushi day" and we did partake....

Uhmmmmmmmm hmmmmm also the mission over these last two transfers has
been working really hard to reach our goal of 900 baptisms.... Which
meant having 100 this past transfer. Today we celebrated 915 of Gods
children entering into baptism which was awesome!! I got to share
Carlos' story with everyone (he was the one I met a couple of months
ago)

How cool!
I'm loving my mission and I love all of you.
(Happy Birthday William!)
Sorry if I don't write as much it has been very busy!

With much much MUCHO love
Sister Eging





No comments:

Post a Comment