Saturday, October 31, 2015

Sept 22: The Fruits of Our Labors


This week was a very special week for my companion and I. If you haven't heard the story of one of our investigators, or even if you had, let me tell you again.

We met him and his son my first Sunday at Temple Square. He gave us all of his contact information and was so excited to learn more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! We got to call him over the course of these past twelve weeks and watched him progress in the gospel. He has been meeting with the local missionaries and his whole family began taking the lessons. This Saturday he and his family entered the waters of baptism and I could not be happier.

Though we were not able to Skype his baptism, due to some "technical difficulties,” we were still able to see the fruits of our labors. I'm so grateful that the Lord has allowed me to be a part of this family's baptism, though to be honest we really didn't do much. We were able to see the change within them and they have been blessed for it. It's true what they say, family life is happiest when centered upon the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Oh! I got to make my first call to Africa! That's right you heard it here first! We called an investigator in Africa who wanted to join the church! He unfortunately lives too far away from a church building so he is unable to be baptized...or taught any longer. But, I know when the church does enter that area that they will find people there with such strong faith and the work will take off

Also, there are so many perks of being on Temple Square, (sometimes I feel bad because I feel so spoiled.....then I remember all of the antis we meet on a daily basis...) (antis – there are people who are against the church who hang out at the entrances of temple square and try to hand out anti-mormon pamphlets and talk to people, hence the nickname of antis) One of them (perks) being that we are able to eat in the Church Office Building Cafeteria (COB)....I know I know high class, ritzy, so fancy. However little do you know that there is a rumor that every Thursday the prophet goes to the COB around lunch time to get a slice of peach pie and ice cream....Naturally we had to go on Thursday and wait by the peach pie. We went, No Prophet. We ate lunch. No Prophet. We went back for seconds. No Prophet. We had to get a cookie. No Prophet. We walk slowly out of the building and desperately search for old Thomas S. Monson. Still no prophet. And just as we walk out we hear a hello sisters! And guess who it was!?!?!?!
No. Still no Prophet. BUT it was Elder Bednar! President Nelson! and Elder Rasband!(idk if I spelt his name right)

Yeah! Get pumped!

Unfortunately we were all American and had one kiwi (New Zealander) with us so we weren't quite foreign enough to cause much of an excitement among them. But still really cool to walk past them!

Soooo that's about it... Until next time.

Fun Fact: The Assembly Hall on Temple Square was built from 1877 to 1880. Only three years!

Baptism:
 Sisters:
 Working the Booth:
My mom's favorite:

No comments:

Post a Comment