Monday, July 6, 2015

Last Week At The MTC

Hey everyone-- This week was my last week in the MTC! I leave next Wednesday and could not be more excited.... Lets seeeee

So we said good-bye to all of our investigators last Friday and one of them shared a really awesome story with me and my companion. It's the story of the bent nail and the basic just of it is that we are all bent nails,  hurt from sin and guilt. We can't fix ourselves or  others by ramming our heads together. That only makes us more bent. But through love and "pats on the back" the nail can slowly straighten out. It was a really cool story I loved it. 

Then on Tuesday morning at 3 a.m.!!! The two other Temple Square Sisters and I walked our district down to the buses as they head of to Indiana and West Virginia. It was so unbelievably sad as we stood outside and watched the buses roll out. Now we are just a trio. Before they left all of the Elders gave us blessings of comfort. It was amazing to hear exactly what I needed to hear from a couple of nutty eighteen year old Elders. The Lord truly does speak through us. What was really cool was that in this blessing Elder Porter said exactly what was said in my setting apart. How cool is that!?!?

This entire week has been spent training to talk with people on Mormon.org and learning how to give walking lessons at the Visitor's Center. We practiced teaching and learned how to politely tell people "No really I'm okay, my soul will be fine." As they would log on to chat and try to convert us. That was a weird experience. Then we got to go onto Temple Square. This entire week has been focused on not being just a tour guide and instead helping everyone who comes to the square have a conversion experience. This means truly teaching by the spirit and letting the Lord guide the conversation experience. What was truly amazing was being able to contact people on the streets. Sister Kratzer and I got to talk to so many people were genuinely interested and ready to receive the gospel. 

Uhmmmm well that's about it. I don't really have much more else to say.... We made a giant blanket fort out of our room.....uhm... in the vents in each room there is usually little treasures hidden. Our vent had like 6 Dr. Peppers.

We now have a new District of strictly Visitor Center Sisters. Most of us are going to Temple Square but there are a few going to Mormon Battalion, and the Washington D.C. Temple!!! The Battalion Sisters have to wear pioneer costumes so I'd say I lucked out in that department....

Your letters are much appreciated and I love every time I get them! (I only get a short time on the computer so I will have a better chance of getting to write you back if you write me the "old-fashioned" way via the US postal service,  however, if that doesn't work for you please keep writing emails, I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.) Here's my new address starting Wednesday!

Sister Melissa Miriam Anne Eging
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission
50 N. West Temple St.
Rm BSVC
Salt Lake City, UT 
84150-1891

Also I'm going to try and petition for a Temple Square puppy. I'm pretty sure everyone would be cool with it. I'd give up my bed. Ell Luhv ya all a bunch. The next time you hear from me I will be officially on Temple Square!
Love, Sister Eging

No comments:

Post a Comment